Camrose Kodiaks – Athletic Therapist
Posted: May 10, 2023
Reports to: General Manager & Head Coach
The Camrose Kodiaks Jr. A hockey club is seeking an Athletic Therapist, reporting directly to the General Manager & Head Coach. The position will have extensive interaction with coaches, staff, players and other rink employees as required of this position. Expected responsibilities are to be taken care of at all camps, practices and games.
- Support premier student-athletes in development on and off the ice.
- Responsible for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illness suffered by our athletes
- Responsible for updating and communicating with the General Manager and
Coaching Staff regarding player injuries, conditions, and recovery.
- Provide first aid and emergency care services to athletes.
- Design rehabilitation programs for athletes, assist and monitor injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery.
- Refer athletes to team doctors or other medical staff members.
- Assist with the coordination and arrangement of player appointments with
doctors, dentists, and chiropractors.
- Maintain records related to athletes condition, training, and treatment plans.
- Responsible for filing and processing insurance documents.
- Handle inventory ordering, maintenance, and restocking of supplies.
- Assist with game day preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with all team members.
- The successful applicant must complete a full background screen.
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with strong interpersonal and
communication skills with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Familiarity with all standard athletic training equipment, included but not limited to ultrasound therapy machines and electrical stimulation therapy machines
- Detail oriented.
- Analyze and solve problems independently.
- Work in a high intensity, competitive, and deadline driven environment.
- Understand, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc).
- First Aid / CPR / Defibrillator Training
- Hockey Canada University – Online Safety Person Training
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool CATT
- Criminal Record Check
- Respect in Sport
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations as soon as possible via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be contacted for the interview process.